Tell Newt: "Defend" Your OWN Marriage
In what seems like a piece straight out of The Onion, Newt Gingrich has become the latest GOP candidate to pledge to "defend traditional marriage" by signing the presidential marriage pledge of the National Organization for Marriage (basically, a pledge to oppose same-sex marriage).
In case you're wondering, yes, this is the same Newt Gingrich who has been married three times (hat trick!), admitted infidelity, and who apparently asked his second wife for an open marriage, so he could continue cheating with his mistress. This is the guy who is now pledging to defend marriage against an onslaught of loving couples who actually really do want to be together for life, as opposed to going for a "three-peat."
In signing, Gingrich pledged to do the following:
- Support a Constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
- Nominate Supreme Court judges who
are also bigoted aholespledge to uphold the one man/one woman marriage thing
- Defend the discriminatory Defense of Marriage Act
- Nullify his current marriage, skip over his second marriage, and return to the wife he first pledged to be with "'til death do us part."
- Wear a chastity belt to prevent him from cheating again.
Okay, so 4 and 5 were actually something else, "blah, blah, blah, gays are evil, blah, blah, blah," but we frankly stopped reading after 3, because we were laughing too hard.
Send a message today. Tell Newt to stop attacking the rights of others, and to stop being such a raging hypocrite.
Tell Newt: "Defend" Your OWN Marriage.