UPDATE! The big week is upon us! Use the petition form to the right to tell people what you ARE doing and thinking about, now that you are NOT thinking about S**** P****!
(P.S. - you can read comments from others in the bottom of the right column)
We've tried debating her, arguing with her, boycotting her, voting against her, and yet... she keeps coming back. Much like a vampire or a nasty fungus.
So for just one week, we're going to try something new: Ignoring her.
That's right -- February 27-March 5 is officially, "Ignore Sarah Palin Week." For just one week, signers of this petition pledge to do the following:
- Change the channel if she comes on TV
- Surf to another page if she pops up on the web
- Turn to another article if she appears in a newspaper, magazine, comic book, etc.
Will you join us? Will you take the pledge? If so, sign the pledge in the right-hand column, add your thoughts if you want, and help spread the word. Can we ignore her for a week? Can we get our friends, neighbors and co-workers to do the same? You betcha!
Now, we understand that it might be tough to go cold turkey, and completely stop paying attention to Palin. Thus, we offer these helpful tips:
- If a friend mentions "Sarah Palin," reply as if he or she said, "Para Sailing." And keep doing it. Para sailing is way cooler.
- For your dose of gossip, consider switching to someone far less annoying. Like Snooki.
- Visit "Telling Sarah Palin She's Full of Crap" on Facebook, and join 100,000 other people who will be talking about everything else BUT Palin.
- Refer to her as "she who shall remain nameless" for the duration of the week
- Have other conversation topics ready to go
It's that simple. We really can ignore her for a week. We really can help pop any trial balloons being floated for 2012.
We really can enjoy a glorious week, free of Sarah! You betcha!
P.S. - we wish only the best for Sarah Palin and her family. We just don't want her to be president, and we just want to take a week off from paying attention to her.
P.P.S - Have fun in the comments, but keep it nice, and no threats - even in jest, okay?
P.P.P.S - Is the page not displaying correctly for you? Having trouble seeing the form? Click here for a stand-alone version of the form on its own page.
P.P.P.P.S - Got a question? Concern? Check out our "Frequently Asked Questions" page